Monday, January 19, 2009

It hurts all over

Today I'm yoga-sore. That has never happened to me before. I think having a real-live yoga instructor has got to be the best thing ever.

I think it was the down-dog (on which I got lovely compliments from the teacher); we alternated between flat-footed and up-on-tippy-toes and held the poses for longer than I do on my own and today I feel it through my upper back and shoulder muscles. It's a terrific sore, the sort that says "I worked hard and today I feel it". It's a deep, delicious ache right in the centre of each muscle. It's as though I can feel each individual muscle as I move, a hard knot of power giving me purpose and energy. It hurts, every movement hurts, but it doesn't feel like pain. It feels like power.

I really, really want to go again. Right now, as soon as I wake up in the morning, next week, forever.

No comments: