Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Follow through is hard

I'm trying to practice follow-through this year. It's not my best thing. Lately, and for a long time, I fail at following through with my craft projects. I can't wait to start the next project; I get bored doing the same thing, over and over and over. As such, I've got many projects not yet completed.

The problem? Today I had a perfectly, terrifically, amazingly, wonderfully great idea for a gift for someone.

Two weeks ago I would have started this project without a second thought; today I am wondering if this will set me back in my quest for following through with things once I start them. I did manage to complete one of my numerous projects tonight, a gift for a co-worker that was intended to be for Christmas. I feel good about that because it's finally something I can scratch off.

I'll go ahead with it, because it really is a great idea, and I haven't got much time to complete it. But then I'm going to try really, really hard to follow through with what I have started before moving on to the next thing.

No comments: