Sunday, November 9, 2008

L & L Hawaiian Barbecue

Mr. J and I like to eat out. It's sort of a problem for us, one I don't see changing anytime soon, what with his love of food and my lack of cooking skills.

Some time ago we ate at a place called L & L Hawaiian Barbecue. I've been meaning to review it for months, but every time I thought about I had a visceral memory of the taste of the food in my mouth and had to fight down nausea.

I tried the Chicken Katsu, having never had it before. It was very greasy, leaving behind a film in my mouth (which I hardly ever enjoy). The chicken itself was unusual, unlike any chicken I've ever had; I can't quite find words to convey how awful it was, but things like "slimy" and "wobbly" come to mind.

I did not enjoy it overall, and Mr. J wasn't too impressed either.

If you're in the Beaverton area, try it and tell me what you think. It's located off Cedar Hills Blvd in the mall.

3205 S.W. Cedar Hills Blvd., Ste. 23
Beaverton, OR 97005
Phone: (503)726-0770/(503)726-0771
Fax: (503) 726-0772

No comments: