Saturday, April 19, 2008

Greenling changes

I've been checking about Sabrina's posts over at Adventures of a mommy trying to go green and it got me thinking about my own lifestyle. I try to be conscientious about consuming, recycling, and reusing, but the truth is I take a lot of short-cuts for the sake of convenience. My life has been through a pretty significant upheaval with the recent move, and I feel like now is an excellent time to make some of those changes that I've thought about for so long but never got around to actually making.

I have done little bits of research off and on over the years, and I'm finding that there are more and more websites and personal blogs devoted to green alternatives and lifestyles. A lot of the non-toxic cleaning alternatives are rather easy: baking soda, vinegar, lemon juice. There are also a bevy of commercial products available; I learned today that Shaklee is not only still around but has a huge line of green products. The more I learn the more I realize how much I have to learn. It's embarrassing how much I don't know about the chemicals that are in the products I buy.

As with all the other changes I force on myself, I expect this one to be a big, messy challenge.

No comments: