Since Margaux told me to, I guess I shall ...
I tell you lot ten little bits about me then tag seven other bloggers. My bits, in no particular order:
- I love to learn; about myself, human motivators, technical stuff, job-related stuff. Sometimes, when I do the learning, I'm sure I can feel my brain getting stronger.
- I re-discovered roller skating this year, and it's my new passion. Every time I go roller skating I remember every good thing about childhood; it makes me feel free and light and happy in a way I always believed adults don't feel after a certain age. It feels defiant, as though I'm giving a big middle finger to every stick-in-the-mud grown up I've ever known.
- I have rituals for everything. For cleansing, concentration, to gain closure, to stop smoking, to change how I feel about things. If I have a problem that I need a solution to, I'll invariably end up performing a ritual for it.
- I fight against doing things simply for the sake of the thing itself. I've got to see the reason behind doing something, or somehow feel that the result of doing the thing is worth it to me. If I can't find motivation to do something, I don't do it. Sometimes this works out badly for me.
- I knew from a very young age that I would never have children. A fact that sometimes makes my mother terribly sad, though she exhibits a lot of understanding and respect for my choices. I'm pretty sure she'd still like to have a baby around.
- I feel like I don't relate to most of the people I know on so many levels. The things they talk about, and what's important to them, and what bothers them, and the things they put energy toward. Sometimes I feel like I'm from a different planet.
- I have a knitted hat with the word "cunt" on it (thanks to Bunny), which is my favourite hat ever.
- I used to want to be a psychologist; I entertained this dream until last year, when I realized I want to stay at my job until they stop letting me come back.
- I've never had a job I hated. Some were certainly better than others, but I've enjoyed something about every job I've ever had.
- I taunted Colin two weeks before he died, said something that makes my stomach lurch every time I remember it. I am not the sort to carry regrets and shame around, but if there was one thing I could go back in time and undo, it would be the things I said to him not long before he died.
I choose these lads and lasses for telling their secrets to the internet:
Yeah, I know that's not seven.