Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Gratitude

Today's gratitude list:

  • Road trips. This is making it to my gratitude list a lot, I know. It's sort of a big deal for me. I'm actually known for not loving road trips. I have little patience for extended periods of driving; most road trips end in camping, and my last couple camping trips sort of cured me of ever wanting to do that again. My last road trip, however, was a lot of fun. It didn't end in camping, which helped. This Saturday my mom and I are leaving for Sacramento and I'm really looking forward to it. It turns out, I really love road trips with my mom. She's one of the most fun people I know.
  • People who use Facebook for good. Negative posts or interactions frequently make me want to withdraw from Facebook and society in general. I have a few friends who post quotes - quotes from the LDS church leaders, quotes from Buddhism or Eastern philosophy, some just random cleverness. The positive, uplifting posts and conversations that I get to witness or participate in restore a tiny bit of my faith in humanity every time it happens.
  • My animals. They bring me so much joy in every-day, little ways. The way my Vicious Beast plays with "his" dainty little kitty really tickles me. Even the lizard, all standoffish and bitey. It doesn't entirely make sense to me why animals make such good companions, or how they can make you feel good even though they don't really DO anything. But I love them.

How about you? What makes you happy with life? Comment here, or take the Facebook challenge going around and tag some friends to play along.



No comments: