Sunday, October 12, 2008

Happiness of the immaterial variety

I really do get a lot of joy from material things. Books, clothing, shoes, electronic things and digital things and things with buttons and levers and toggles and switches. Everything about today seems to be focused on how so many things that bring me happiness are things that must be purchased, or somehow come into my life because of my ability to exchange money for them.

Here is a little list of the immaterial things that make me happy:
  • Not going to work today (even though I really should)
  • Having coffee delivered to me in bed
  • Paper jumping into my lap and craning his head as far back as it can go so he can look at my face
  • Playing catch with my husband - I'm still not over this, the shine has not worn off this activity; I could go on and on about how much fun I have throwing and catching a silly ball.

No comments: