Monday, December 12, 2022

Focus: Minimalise



The word I have chosen for the coming year is minimalise. There are many areas of my life that are in desperate need of being organised. If you've been to my home, you know that I'm a terrible housekeeper; my pantry is a mess, my cupboards are hiding a disaster, and my garage... I can't even describe it.

Basically, the stuff that makes up my immediate surroundings is a nightmare. I've never been good at keeping house, but it's gotten worse the last few years. I know that I will be happier and more productive in a tidy environment, but I always find something else to do besides clean. 

The Buddha said that unnecessary possessions are unnecessary burdens. Oh, how my mind is burdened by unnecessary possessions. Some of it is the regular clutter of life; but some of it are things I feel deeply attached to. The Buddha has some stuff to say about attachment as well. Things I know and believe, and yet...

So, in 2023 I am focusing on minimalising several areas of my life, starting with the aforementioned garage and pantry. If you have any tips and tricks, or words of wisdom, lay it on me. 

And if you care to share your focus words, please do. We can celebrate each other's successes ... or cry together when we stumble, as we are sure to do along the way.



 

No comments: