Friday, January 31, 2020

Reading report: January




I squeezed in 12 books in January, thanks as ever to audiobooks.


🎧A Killer Plot by Ellery Adams 3⭐️
🎧The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas 5⭐️
πŸ“–The Night Fire by Michael Connelly 4⭐️
🎧A Deadly Cliche by Ellery Adams 4⭐️
🎧The Turn of the Screw by Henry James 3⭐️
🎧The Last Word by Ellery Adams 3⭐️
🎧Written in Stone by Ellery Adams 3⭐️
🎧Poisoned Prose by Ellery Adams 4⭐️
🎧Christmas at Little Beach Street Bakery by Jenny Colgan 3⭐️
πŸ“–The Book of Candlelight by Ellery Adams 4⭐️
🎧Before and After by Judy Christie and Lisa Wingate 4⭐️
πŸ“–The Chelsea Girls by Fiona Davis 5⭐️

Favourite book this month was The Hate U Give. 
Least favourite was The Turn of the Screw. I gave it three stars after I finished it- which means that I generally enjoyed it and it certainly wasn’t terrible, but it was hard to get a sense of what was happening. I have a physical copy of this floating around my life somewhere, and will probably need to re-visit this one in the future.

Currently reading: The Chelsea Girls by Fiona Davis. I love everything about this novel and can’t wait to finish it. With any luck I’ll get through the final ~160 pages in the next three hours and push this month’s number to 12.

What are you reading? What do you love about books? My favourite thing about reading is slipping into another world, another life, and discovering something about myself along the way. 

No comments: