Saturday, April 9, 2011

Running gems

 

I found this little rock on my morning run today. I thought it was a piece of candy at first (gross); when I realised it was a little rock, I picked it up.

I find myself attached to objects (sometimes more than people), and I sometimes associate these objects with my feeling of that particular time. This little rock looks like the sort of decorative bit one would put in a plant, and it was pretty once. It had a purpose at one point in its little rock life, until it ended up tossed into the street.

I was enjoying the run with a friend, enjoying the day -mildly warm, a little sunny, but still cool enough to enjoy a run. Something shiny caught my eye, and I immediately transferred all my good, happy feelings to this stupid little glass rock lying in the gutter.

No comments: