Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Home-made juice

I made my own juice tonight! The recipe, from Bunny:

  • frozen cranberries
  • frozen blackberries
  • one apple, chopped
  • one leaf kale, de-stemmed
  • 2-3 cups water
  • 2 cups soy milk

I substituted strawberries for cranberries (stupid market), threw the ingredients into the blender, and liquefied the whole mess. Out came a lovely purple juice-y goodness; it's a little crunchy, what with the strawberry seeds and the kale, but it is yummy like desserts and embodies my soul-deep hatred/longing for Spring to arrive.

I'm slowly learning about kitchen stuff. While the making of juice is not difficult, and probably a drunken five year old could do it, I am quite pleased with myself. Next I'll tell you guys about the HUGE pot of chili I made, from scratch!

No comments: