Friday, January 1, 2021

2020 Reading Wrap up

Here is what my year in books looked like:

130 total books - 46,734 pages
112 of those were audio
15 were physical books
2 were a combination physical + audio
1 was electronic that I read on my phone

11 of those books were written by people of colour; 1 by an LGTBQ+ author; 33 were written by women.

I had several 4 and 5 star reads this year - it was hard to choose 10 top faves.


The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
The Chelsea Girls by Fiona Davis
An Unkindness of Ghosts by Rivers Solomon
The Cider House Rules by John Irving
The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh
On the Come Up by Angie Thomas
State of Wonder by Ann Patchett
Anxious People by Fredrik Backman
Silver Sparrow by Tayari Jones
Midnight at the Blackbird Cafe by Heather Webber

My 2021 reading goal will include fairy tales - Grimms Brothers and Hans Christian Anderson; I am reading a couple epic series- Song of Ice and Fire (re-read) and Outlander- I'd like to dive into the next books of both these sets; and finally - more non-fiction.

Happy 2021, and happy reading!



No comments: