Thursday, January 21, 2010

Not-writing

I got a message the other day in my Twitter inbox asking me how the writing was going. Oh yeah. I had big plans to write more. Every day, in fact, for at least one-half hour.

How's that going, huh? Oops. More like, how's that not-going? Ask me that, and I'll tell you: Great! I'm really succeeding at the not-writing.

Tonight I was feeling crabby. Actually, I have been feeling crabby for days. I haven't been writing, I haven't been exercising. I am working on using fewer contractions in writing and in speech, and that always makes me a little crabby.

I decided the solution to tonight's crabbiness would be some yoga. Wow. Usually doing yoga while crabby is exactly what I need. Tonight it just pissed me off. It also helped me realise again just how out of shape I am. I can no longer sit in virasana without my knees feeling like they belong to a 90 year old. I managed to go through a few motions, but it really wasn't there for me.

I dutifully recorded my exercise in my log book, and became further annoyed when I saw that my last entry was in September.

No wonder I feel all stiff and out of shape.

4 comments:

mosey (kim) said...

First, I'm sure you didn't write this post just to give me my chuckle of the day so I apologize for that.

Second, I so frequently want to screech "this f&#^$ing" sucks!!!" when I take a yoga class that I don't go anymore.

I think I'll sit and be cranky with you. There's strength in numbers, right?

Jade said...

Absolutely! We can be cranky bints together.

Also, I totally wrote this post to give you your daily chuckle. Carry on with that.

GirlGriot said...

Hey, nice to hear your voice again. You've been as silent as I have lately. Sorry for the crabbiness. Wish I had a cure for that myself.

Jade said...

Hi Stacie! Yes, I'm definitely in a 'silent' phase. When it's over I'll be screaming so loudly you'll clap your hands to your ears-that-see-typing.