Friday, May 23, 2008

Lost and found

I lost my jade ring. I think I lost it during the move. I could cry. It is a simple ring, carved from a jade so deep green it appears to be black. The ring itself is not terribly special; I got it at the Gold Door for five dollars, so it's not as though I can't replace it.

During the move I also found a bracelet I thought I had lost years ago. I have joint and tendon problems with my left wrist, and discovered that a copper bracelet I wore helped ease the pain a bit. I hadn't seen this bracelet since I was 16 years old, then I found it when we were cleaning out our garage. I have been moving it around with me all these years and just never bothered to open the box it was in. Aside from the delight of finding a lost object, this also helped point out to me that I shouldn't be moving boxes from one place to the next if I'm not even aware of what's in them.

I'm extremely pleased about the bracelet and now I'd really like to find my jade ring.

No comments: