Sunday, May 4, 2014

Baptism

My nephew, Jack, recently turned eight years old. This marks the age of accountability in my church, and children born to LDS parents prepare to be baptised once they turn eight. If they're ready, they get baptised shortly after their eighth birthday. I'm so proud of Jack for being ready for this step.

His mama is proud of him too.

We had a party after the baptism. Jack's grandparents, aunts, and uncles from Jodie's side of the family came to celebrate as well. Unfortunately, I didn't get many pictures of them but they are a very nice group of people. Jodie comes from an amazingly sweet family, I was very pleased to get to meet them.

Jack's uncles

I also failed to get a picture of Jack and his dad, but here's Chris with a storytelling face. My brother-in-law tells the best stories, and he's probably the most expressive person I know.

We took an opportunity for other pictures; it's not often the whole family is together so we took some time to pose in front of this wall of flowers.

I can't resist an opportunity for a silly picture.


I really love this family.

Thanks for letting us be part of your special day, Jack.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Awww! Sweet pics! Looks like a beautiful family!