Friday, March 7, 2014

Journal day: Advice to myself

This week's journal prompt, courtesy of Danielle at Sometimes Sweet, asks us to reflect on the past year and offer -if we could- advice to ourselves over the things to come.

This is a tough one for me, because I'm so tough on me. I have really wasted my time in some respects. I didn't blog; I didn't write; I didn't knit much; I barely exercised; I didn't photograph like I wanted to. In addition to all the things I didn't do, I spent so much time working on a job that eventually didn't last.

Looking back I feel like spent a lot of time treading water, so to speak. I didn't get anywhere with my work. I also didn't do any of the things around the house that I wanted to do. Oh, I had a wee garden that gave me a tomato and a couple squash but I didn't paint or deep-clean or improve the yard or clean the garage.

If I could go back and give that version of me some advice it would be to spend more time doing the things that re-charge me. I would have reminded me that yoga helps me process life. I would have demanded that I document more of my journey - blogging and paper-journaling are so cathartic and valuable, and I did neither. I would have reminded myself to study more scripture, every day!

On a more positive note, I did continue developing myself spiritually; I did some studying -not as much as I would have liked, but some. I prepared for and was able to attend the LDS Temple, which was a very big deal for me.

This journal prompt fits very nicely with my theme this year of development. This year I will develop better study habits; I will record more of my thoughts here; I will write, something, every day - whether a private journal entry, blog posts, or more of that elusive novel that hates my guts. I will exercise (I'm doing so good with the exercise, you have no idea!).

My list of goals and desires is miles long. My list of regrets is smaller. I try not to have regrets, but anyone who has met me knows I do life wrong sometimes and I'm incredibly judgey of me, so... little regrets, but also a whole lot of excitement for the future.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: