Friday, April 20, 2012

Barbies

When I was a girl I had a lot of Barbies. My mom had an old red-haired Midge dolly from the 60s that I used to play with, the kind that were solid inside before their arms and legs would bend. My mom made clothes for them, and I had a giant house and a car for them.

I have no idea what happened to all my dollies; I don't think I've even seen them since I was ten years old. I hope they got left behind in an attic somewhere, and some other little girl came along and found them and loved them. I haven't thought about my Barbies in years, and I certainly haven't craved playing with them.

I'm pretty sure I would like a Barbie doll now.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Come on over, Amber's got a ton. I'm sure she'd let you play with them.

They're pretty cool now with the bendiness of the legs and arms. They have texture on the butt so it looks like they are wearing underwear.

They're not as fun to dress as I recall. She's always changing their outfits and needs my help. ;)