Saturday, February 27, 2010

Something pretty


Something pretty
Originally uploaded by Tehlanna

It is behaving like Spring in the Northwest. I was in a friend's garden today and all the things that don't normally bloom in the winter were open and colourful.

It feel all April-ish here and I'm not quite sure what to do with that. My body wants to clean and purge; my fingers want to write, to create; my eyes want to take pictures; my feet want to run (I don't run); my voice wants to sing (I don't sing).

I also have that fever again, when my brain boils with the need to buy a house. I found one recently - a perfectly perfect town-house a block from the library and the farmer's market. It won't be mine, but something must be. And soon, before I explode with the need of it.

These wretched, pretty flowers are making me want the things I can't have (yet) and it's making me cranky (and also a little moon-brained).


2 comments:

Neil said...

Why is getting a house weighing on you so much?

Jade said...

For a very long time I have wanted to own a house; I want to be able to paint and cut holes in walls and put things up with molly bolts (strictly forbidden in a rental). I want the perfect refrigerator and I want to do home improvement projects.

I've been living in borrowed homes my entire life and I want my own.