Sunday, November 18, 2007

Writers Talking

Portland's Central library has a programme called "Writers Talking", where local writers come to speak to the public. Phillip Margolin is a Portland lawyer-turned-writer that I have enjoyed reading for years, and he spoke yesterday; I dragged my dad with me and went to his appearance. I really enjoyed hearing him talk about his experiences as a lawyer and his method of writing. I took many notes and he autographed them.

I left the lecture wanting to write my heart out. I felt invigorated and encouraged to start writing again. I write now, but it's not very serious. There are so many things I want to write about, and I think I need to get started.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to begin writing again, or for real, or whatever, but I don't know. I can't think of anything that I could write that would be interesting enough to read.

Jade said...

What interests you? Believe me, the things I write about are not interesting enough for others to read either. You might be surprised, however, to find that others would be interested in what you have to say. Write what you know about, and I think the rest can fall into place for you.